In this special Masterclass, Richard Benwell, SquaredUp founder and former Citrix product architect, walked us through advanced monitoring scenarios for the Citrix platform using SCOM.
Richard looked at the techniques SCOM administrators can take to deliver a first class monitoring experience to Citrix administrators, and also how to apply these to other specialist platforms.
In this webinar we covered:
- A technical deep dive into the SCOM management packs recently acquired by Citrix
- Pushing it to the max: advanced MP authoring to run simulated app launches and consume the Citrix Monitoring OData API.
- Designing the ultimate Citrix dashboard with Visio
- Customer story: Citrix + SCOM + SquaredUp
- A very special preview of the upcoming SquaredUp v3 release showing all this in action.
In this webinar, we released the Community Citrix Logon Simulator Management Pack which is for simulating logons to Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop via NetScaler and StoreFront. This is an open source management pack that you can download and use freely in your own environment - read more about this in the GitHub Repo.
You can watch a recording of the webinar below and also download the accompanying slides, which contain links to the various resources mentioned in the session.
For further deep-dive content, you can also check out our previous Masterclass, in which we examined how to create our very own Management Packs, led by Microsoft MVP Tao Yang.