Tuning the SCOM Data Warehouse
Join Matthew Long and Richard Benwell as they discuss how to get the most out of your SCOM Data Warehouse performance. The SCOM Data Warehouse is used by both SCOM and SquaredUp to display Performance, Event and health data, both in an aggregated and raw form for near and long term storage. As such, any performance issues in the DW will result in a poor user experience as dashboards take an unreasonable amount of time to load, leading to poor user engagement in SCOM.
Richard talks us through his 5 point tuning plan, which aims to address both sizing and configuration issues, as well as tackling that classic issue of MP tuning, as too much of the wrong data going in can prevent getting any data out!
There are a lot of great resources linked to in this video from the SCOM community and Microsoft PFE's, which we've collated for you below, so make sure you check them out and see if you can supercharge arguably SCOM's greatest asset.
You can download the accompanying slides here.
- MVP SQL 2012 and System Server 2012 Configuration guide - 1
- MVP SQL 2012 and System Server 2012 Configuration guide - 2
- Tao Yang's OpsMgr 2012 DW health check script
- Tao Yang's Self maintenance MP
- Kevin Holman's Flapping monitors query
- Kevin Holman's DW retention and grooming article
What's up next?
- 21 November - Dashboard JSON: Automation, advanced layouts and more
Take our Coffee Break survey to have your say on what we should cover next.
Not signed up to the series? Sign up here.