SquaredUp was founded with the vision of using cutting-edge data visualization to solve the challenge of Enterprise IT complexity.
A bit about us
A globally successful software company headquartered in the UK, and expanding aggressively in North America, SquaredUp is loved by some of the world’s leading companies (Microsoft, Deloitte, Nestle). SquaredUp is all about using cutting-edge data visualization to make the world’s most complex IT applications simple to run. We’re a people-driven, engineering-led company and an agile, innovative team, meaning our entire focus is on product excellence and delighting our customers – but never at the expense of our employees and community.
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Test Engineer, who keeps customers in mind during every stage of the development lifecycle. As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing test automation platform for the SquaredUp Cloud platform.
The test community at SquaredUp is highly collaborative and works across a broad range of stakeholders within our engineering teams, acting as an ambassador for quality, to help embed a culture of quality and adherence to our established QA standards and practices.
You’ll work with stakeholders across the business to ensure that a standard technology architecture framework is defined and adopted across the SquaredUp Cloud platform.
- Design the Automation aligned to product strategy and quality standards, in collaboration with other Test Engineers and engineering teams
- Be able to demonstrate the holistic approach of testing with an automation-first mindset
- Drive change and continuous improvement in testing approaches, practices, and techniques to help design and deliver the overall agile testing methodology used by the teams
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working on transforming a testing practice, ideally in a “shift-left” manner, and how to build a culture of collaboration within the wider engineering teams
- Be comfortable having technical conversations with the broader engineering teams and leadership alike
- Must “live and breathe” quality and testing, being able to articulate and demonstrate the value of good quality
- Experience working with source control, test automation frameworks, and cloud technologies
- Up-to-date Testing industry knowledge and the ability to bring new ways of working in-house to improve the output
- Strong understanding of Non-Functional testing practices such as Security, Performance, and Accessibility Testing
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence
- 2:1 STEM related discipline or other relevant qualifications or experience.
- Relevant professional qualifications (such as International Software Testing Qualifications Board – BCS ISTQB®)
What makes us SquaredUp
Our passion for pushing past the possible to the potential means we are ambitious and positive. And we never stop learning.
We are honest, fair, and ethical in our business decisions and relationships with each other and our customers.
Our community is core to who we are. We are friendly, collaborative, and bring people together over shared passions – whether IT data or board games.
What’s in it for you:
- Great culture: It’s official, we’ve been certified by our employees as a “Great Place To Work!” We invest in creating a great environment where people are happy to work every day. Tanja, one of our Engineering Managers said, “I love the supportive and nurturing culture, fun social events, and the quirky humour.” There is a genuine togetherness that stems from everyone working together with passion and integrity to help each other succeed.
- Remote first culture: You’ll be equipped and empowered to work well from home. And for those who prefer the office, we have fantastic office spaces in 3 major hubs. We gather regularly on video calls, enjoy virtual socials, and send celebration gifts to wherever you are.
- Cutting Edge technology: Embracing remote working means we have to make the best use of latest tools & practices in every area of the business. We are ‘cloud-first’ in all our core systems, use all the main collaboration and conferencing platforms, and offer a choice of PC or Mac as well as supporting BYOD wherever possible.
- Competitive salaries: If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match; including private medical care, a generous holiday allowance, and company share options.
- Wellbeing: We know there’s more to life than just work and our dedicated Wellbeing Team are here to support you! We want to encourage you to stay active, connect with your mental health, and overall achieve a great work/life balance.
- Social: From tech meetups to roller-coasters, poker, board games, bake-offs, and music nights – there’s always plenty going on!
Everyone is welcome
We are looking for smart people with passion and integrity who want to join us in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome people from all backgrounds to expand our horizons and be at the forefront of transforming our customers’ lives.
Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees are really saying! https://bit.ly/3FxfkME