A bit about us
A globally successful software company headquartered in the UK, and expanding aggressively in North America, SquaredUp is loved by some of the world’s leading companies (Microsoft, Deloitte, Nestle). SquaredUp is all about using cutting-edge data visualization to make the world’s most complex IT applications simple to run. We’re a people-driven, engineering-led company and an agile, innovative team, meaning our entire focus is on product excellence and delighting our customers – but never at the expense of our employees and community.
About the role
This role is the opportunity to become a key member of the Digital Experience (DX) team, operating at the heart of every aspect of the company’s brand and design activities. You will be joining at a particularly exciting time, as the company prepares to go-to-market with its next-generation platform. This role will play a central part in helping the brand to connect with new audiences.
We’re looking for someone who understands and advocates for the true potential of design in all its forms. You’ll be someone who is a fountain of ideas and creative thinking, with a firm grasp of effective design practices and a keen eye for detail and consistency.
The DX team prides itself on being super collaborators, working in close partnership with individuals and teams from across the business. This requires a proactive and positive approach to all aspects of work and communication.
Excellent communication with colleagues and stakeholders will be the cornerstone of this role. You will need to articulate concepts, ideas and rationales for design choices in a way that is straightforward for colleagues to grasp. You’ll also need to actively pursue and welcome feedback from others, while being able to form decisions and respectfully advocate for your chosen approach.
- Managing pipeline of design projects and tasks
- Brand style guide & design system management, ensuring brand styles are clearly defined and consistent
- Website layout & UI design
- Producing a range of assets such as banners, website graphics, and PDFs to support marketing and sales activities
- Partnering with other DX team members using motion to enrich and support website experiences
- Events booth artwork and assets design
- A variety of out of the ordinary design requests (could you be the person to design the first SquaredUp branded socks?)
- Passionate about all aspects of design
- Portfolio to demonstrate design ability
- Strong awareness of web design best practices
- Interest in using motion to enrich design impact
- Highly collaborative, while also exhibiting a high degree of ownership and accountability
- Excellent communicator
- Able to manage workload and expectations
- Advanced proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (in particular Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Experience using Figma or similar digital design colaboration tool such as Sketch or Adobe XD
- Experience using After Effects and / or Premiere Pro favourable
- 5+ years experience working in a graphic design role
What’s in it for you:
Great culture: It’s official, we’ve been certified by our employees as a “Great Place To Work!” We invest in creating a great environment where people are happy to work every day. Tanja, one of our Engineering Managers said, “I love the supportive and nurturing culture, fun social events, and the quirky humour.” There is a genuine togetherness that stems from everyone working together with passion and integrity to help each other succeed.
Remote first culture: You’ll be equipped and empowered to work well from home. And for those who prefer the office, we have fantastic office spaces in 3 major hubs. We gather regularly on video calls, enjoy virtual socials, and send celebration gifts to wherever you are.
Cutting Edge technology: Embracing remote working means we have to make the best use of latest tools & practices in every area of the business. We are ‘cloud-first’ in all our core systems, use all the main collaboration and conferencing platforms, and offer a choice of PC or Mac as well as supporting BYOD wherever possible.
Competitive salaries: If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match; including private medical care, a generous holiday allowance, and company share options.
Wellbeing: We know there’s more to life than just work and our dedicated Wellbeing Team are here to support you! We want to encourage you to stay active, connect with your mental health, and overall achieve a great work/life balance.
Social: From tech meetups to roller-coasters, poker, board games, bake-offs, and music nights – there’s always plenty going on!