SquaredUp was founded with the vision of using cutting-edge data visualization to solve the challenge of Enterprise IT complexity.
Based: UK Remote first – with up to 20 days required for face to face company days per year
A bit about us
A globally successful software company headquartered in the UK, and expanding aggressively in North America, SquaredUp is loved by some of the world’s leading companies (Microsoft, Deloitte, Nestle). SquaredUp is all about using cutting-edge data visualization to make the world’s most complex IT applications simple to run. We’re a people-driven, engineering-led company and an agile, innovative team, meaning our entire focus is on product excellence and delighting our customers – but never at the expense of our employees and community.
About the Role
Technical communication at SquaredUp is a crucial component of the SquaredUp product experience. As the Technical Writer you will work closely with our Product Engineering and Customer Success teams to deliver documentation, getting started materials, tutorials, FAQ articles, user and admin guides that help our customers be successful.
You are passionate about simplifying technical concepts and procedures for software applications in a simple, example first approach. You are keen to use the most appropriate techniques and formats to help users be successful as quickly and intuitively as possible.
- Ownership of the relevant written technical communication for SquaredUp products, from planning to delivery
- Authoring activities that relate directly to product deliverables including, but not restricted to:
- In product contextual help
- Web based documentation
- Video tutorials
- Release notes
- Responsibility for the consistent use of language throughout the product user interfaces and associated documentation/help content
- Working closely with product management, engineers, and test getting hands on with the product – “walking in customers shoes”
- Provide input into product requirements as required with Product Managers
- You need to be enthusiastic for supporting technical users and understanding what they need
- You need to like asking questions, have an inquisitive mind, and be confident to experiment with software
- You should understand how to structure complex technical information to create a successful experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- English speaker to native level with excellent written communication skills
- Experience of writing documentation for software, especially SaaS/digital, preferably to a technical audience
- Experience of working in a software product development environment
- Basic familiarity with DevOps, SRE and IT Operations personas
What makes us SquaredUp
Our passion for pushing past the possible to the potential means we are ambitious and positive. And we never stop learning.
We are honest, fair, and ethical in our business decisions and relationships with each other and our customers.
Our community is core to who we are. We are friendly, collaborative, and bring people together over shared passions – whether IT data or board games.
What’s in it for you:
- Great culture: It’s official, we’ve been certified by our employees as a “Great Place To Work!” We invest in creating a great environment where people are happy to work every day. Tanja, one of our Engineering Managers said, “I love the supportive and nurturing culture, fun social events, and the quirky humour.” There is a genuine togetherness that stems from everyone working together with passion and integrity to help each other succeed.
- Remote first culture: You’ll be equipped and empowered to work well from home. And for those who prefer the office, we have fantastic office spaces in 3 major hubs. We gather regularly on video calls, enjoy virtual socials, and send celebration gifts to wherever you are.
- Cutting Edge technology: Embracing remote working means we have to make the best use of latest tools & practices in every area of the business. We are ‘cloud-first’ in all our core systems, use all the main collaboration and conferencing platforms, and offer a choice of PC or Mac as well as supporting BYOD wherever possible.
- Competitive salaries: If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match; including private medical care, a generous holiday allowance, and company share options.
- Wellbeing: We know there’s more to life than just work and our dedicated Wellbeing Team are here to support you! We want to encourage you to stay active, connect with your mental health, and overall achieve a great work/life balance.
- Social: From tech meetups to roller-coasters, poker, board games, bake-offs, and music nights – there’s always plenty going on!
Everyone is welcome
We are looking for smart people with passion and integrity who want to join us in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome people from all backgrounds to expand our horizons and be at the forefront of transforming our customers’ lives.
Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees are really saying! https://bit.ly/3FxfkME