Pre-Sales/Solutions Engineer - DevOps *UK Remote*
SquaredUp was founded with the vision of using cutting-edge data visualization to solve the challenge of Enterprise IT complexity.
Department: Customer Solutions
Remote status: hybrid
A bit about us
A globally successful software company headquartered in the UK, and expanding aggressively in North America, SquaredUp is loved by some of the world’s leading companies (Microsoft, Deloitte, Nestle). SquaredUp is all about using cutting-edge data visualization to make the world’s most complex IT applications simple to run. We’re a people-driven, engineering-led company and an agile, innovative team, meaning our entire focus is on product excellence and delighting our customers – but never at the expense of our employees and community.
About the role
Our Solutions Engineers play a key role in our customer engagement process. They provide pre-sales technical support to our prospects, customers, and partners, using in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to our Enterprise Sales teams and to the customer through presentations and demonstrations. They are vital members of the Commercial team and assist in assessing the potential application of company products to meet customer needs. They are also critical to our Product and Engineering teams who rely on their feedback to build out the roadmap for our product set. They will often help customers to ‘build their first dashboards’ using SquaredUp to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping for the customer.
- Engaging with technical teams at our customers and partners.
- Building strong and effective relationships.
- Presenting technical demos to prospective customers and helping customers to realise the full potential of SquaredUp.
- Representing the company at community and industry events.
- Handling technical queries from prospective customers.
- Supporting the broad commercial team to win new business and to achieve the company’s sales targets.
You will be technical and customer-facing, with a passion for creating solutions on behalf of customers and solving their problems. You will enjoy opportunities to share your experience with cutting-edge services in cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud. Conversations about SLIs and SLOs, Kubernetes, and serverless functions are your comfort zone. You’ll understand the methodologies used and the pains experienced by engineers, and the demands on them to meet their SLAs. We’ll be looking for you to learn quickly, be hard-working, friendly, reliable, and enthusiastic, and to want to take yourself forward in your career.
Ideally you will have:
- A strong technical background with a passion for software and technology.
- Proven excellence in a role within a tech / software / SaaS business.
- Great presentation and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines and goals.
- 3 years’ experience in a software engineering, DevOps, or similar role.
What’s in it for you:
- Great Culture: It’s official, we’ve been certified by our employees as a “Great Place To Work!” We invest in creating a great environment where people are happy to work every day. Tanja, one of our Engineering Managers said, “I love the supportive and nurturing culture, fun social events, and the quirky humour.” There is a genuine togetherness that stems from everyone working together with passion and integrity to help each other succeed.
- Remote first culture: You’ll be equipped and empowered to work well from home. And for those who prefer the office, we have fantastic office spaces in 3 major hubs. We gather regularly on video calls, enjoy virtual socials, and send celebration gifts to wherever you are.
- Cutting Edge technology: Embracing remote working means we have to make the best use of latest tools & practices in every area of the business. We are ‘cloud-first’ in all our core systems, use all the main collaboration and conferencing platforms, and offer a choice of PC or Mac as well as supporting BYOD wherever possible.
- Competitive salaries: If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match; including private medical care, a generous holiday allowance, and company share options.
- Wellbeing: We know there’s more to life than just work and our dedicated Wellbeing Team are here to support you! We want to encourage you to stay active, connect with your mental health, and overall achieve a great work/life balance.
- Social: From tech meetups to roller-coasters, poker, board games, bake-offs, and music nights – there’s always plenty going on!
Everyone is welcome
We are looking for smart people with passion and integrity who want to join us in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome people from all backgrounds to expand our horizons and be at the forefront of transforming our customers’ lives.
Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees are really saying! https://bit.ly/3FxfkME