CircleCI allows you to view some statistics within their app but it’s fairly restrictive in presenting the data. For example, while your DevOps team can see statistics around total runs and success rate, they can’t display these metrics on a line graph.
In addition, there’s no way to monitor or alert on these metrics, such as credits used or duration. Being able to alert on these metrics might warn you of a problem before racking up a big bill. Plus, only CircleCI users can see the data held in CircleCI and there’s an additional cost for every CircleCI user added.
With the SquaredUp dashboard for CircleCI, you can display the relevant data using different types of visualizations, like scalars, tables, and line graphs. Now you can monitor project status so users can be notified of failing pipelines/workflows and avoid racking up big bills without warning. Plus, you can make the SquaredUp dashboard available to the wider team without needing individual CircleCI licenses.
This SquaredUp dahboard shows multiple helpful metrics from CircleCI.
Along the top, you can see:
- A list of projects within CircleCI on the top left.
- In the top right, you can see high-level statistics for each project such as success rate and average duration.
In the middle row is:
- Total Runs – Count of runs across all projects
- Total Credits - Count of credits used across all projects
- Average Success Rate – Average success rate across all projects
- Average Duration – Average duration of pipelines across all projects
At the bottom is:
- Workflow Duration – Line graph of workflow duration, per project, over time
Get the dashboard
This dashboard is available out of the box, so you can be up and running in minutes.
- Create a free SquaredUp account
- Add the CircleCI data source
- Just hit the toggle to automatically add out of the box dashboards to your workspace, and instantly view your live data
To see what other dashboards you can create, check out our Dashboard Gallery.