Events Manager *UK, US Remote*
SquaredUp was founded with the vision of using cutting-edge data visualization to solve the challenge of Enterprise IT complexity.
Remote status: fully
Are you a capable Events Manager with a passion for creativity? Do you enjoy working as part of a small team? Fancy joining a certified Great Place to Work?
Want to know a little about us?
At SquaredUp, we make complex data simple—simple to share, find and understand. The world today is drowning in data and starved of information. Via cutting-edge data visualization technology, SquaredUp connects and surfaces data, giving organizations the big picture.
But at the heart of what makes SquaredUp special is its people and its values. At SquaredUp, we are a generous, fun-loving team of bright sparks powered by a core set of values—Integrity, Passion and Togetherness. As a close-knit, remote-first company working across the UK and the US, we prioritise a happy workforce as we are excited about charting new territories. Recently ranked 4th Best Tech Company to work for, we live & breathe our values.
About the role
Events play a crucial role in creating awareness and demand for SquaredUp. The person who takes on this role will own our events strategy and execution. They will be responsible for not only planning and executing events but, understanding the event’s impact and ensuring proper follow-up across Sales and Marketing teams.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Collaborate with management and other stakeholders to develop the events calendar and strategy, leveraging quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Execute SquaredUp’s events, across North America, Europe, and other continents… and potentially virtual events as well.
- Manage all event operations including vendor logistics and internal key stakeholder coordination.
- Develop and drive event milestones for planning and ongoing project
- Lead, influence, and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Drive successful attainment of marketing lead quotas through all events.
- Use data to evaluate and measure event success while developing methods for improvement.
- Ensure proper follow-up with event attendees from the sales and marketing side
- Implement operational processes and automations to make planning and follow-up more efficient and effective.
- Leverage data and let that drive what future plans are made.
- Report on recent events and events as a whole – key metrics and qualitative successes or learnings
- Solicit internal and external feedback and manage post-event program to evaluations to ensure learning, results, ROI, and areas for improvement are effectively captured.
- Uphold SquaredUp’s messaging and tone of voice consistency across our events.
- 7 plus years of event management experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS company with global, digital, and in-person events.
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, or equivalent.
- You’re a self-starter, who can operate without a rulebook, but motivated to define processes that work and scale.
- Hands-on experience building relationships and managing vendors and partnering with internal stakeholders to support events.
- You have the self-directed initiative to understand and prioritize projects; consistent performance in a deadline-oriented environment while paying attention to detail.
If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match; including private medical care, a generous holiday allowance, home set up budget, volunteering days and company share options. Most importantly you’ll be working with talented individuals who like to have FUN…. from tech meetups to roller-coasters, poker, table tennis, board games, bake-offs, and music nights – there’s always plenty going on. Not to mention our Slack channel which is full of randomness.
SquaredUp knows there’s more to life than just work and our dedicated Wellbeing Team are here to support you! We want to encourage you to stay active, connect with your mental health, and overall achieve a great work/life balance. Our model of Remote First work has been a huge success for us, but for those who still enjoy working from an office we have Hubs in Maidenhead UK, and Boston US.
SquaredUp is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.