Be part of something special.
Discover our unique opportunities
Our Recruitment Team can be contacted directly
using [email protected]
Industrial Placement - x1 Test Engineer - September 2024
SquaredUp was founded with the vision of using cutting-edge data visualization to solve the challenge of Enterprise IT complexity.
Department: Engineering - Cloud
Remote status: hybrid
Cloud Test Engineer Intern (1 year placement from Summer 2024)
SquaredUp is on a mission to transform IT monitoring and we are growing in every area, all driven by organic growth and a big vision.
The short version ⏳
We're looking for a highly creative and energetic Test Engineer Intern to join our exciting, fast-paced software start-up success story. A talented individual who can bring their ideas to the table and deliver awesome code. Someone who wants to be a part of something special and who has the talent and drive to make a difference.
Join the team at SquaredUp for a chance to help shape our products, development and tech path as part of a lean, multi-skilled team where your contributions will have a high impact immediately.
About you! ✋
- You’re looking for a year in industry as part of your University course
- You have a good understanding of the development lifecycle
- You take pride in your projects
- You enjoy a good challenge, excel at problem-solving and have an eye for detail.
The role: Cloud Test Engineer Intern ✨
Our focus this year is charting new territory with an exciting, brand new Cloud/Saas monitoring product. A huge part of that includes growing and building the team – which is where you come in!
Our Intern would be someone who loves working with a range of tools. In this role you will be contributing to the QA effort in building and releasing integrations from existing software into our new Cloud product. Our product uses exciting back-end technologies (AWS, Serverless, node.js, DynamoDB) and dynamic front-end web interfaces (React, JS, HTML5, CSS). The teams working on each feature are tight-knit, so there is a lot of meaningful collaboration between engineers, product managers and designers.
The role will be to create, execute and maintain tests on our new integrations. Going through requirements with Product managers and investigating how to use 3rd part software application.
What makes us SquaredUp
Our passion for pushing past the possible to the potential means we are ambitious and positive. And we never stop learning.
We are honest, fair, and ethical in our business decisions and relationships with each other and our customers.
Our community is core to who we are. We are friendly, collaborative, and bring people together over shared passions – whether IT data or board games.
What’s in it for you:
- Great culture: We invest in creating a great environment where people are happy to work every day. Tanja, one of our Engineering Managers said, “I love the supportive and nurturing culture, fun social events, and the quirky humour.” There is a genuine togetherness that stems from everyone working together with passion and integrity to help each other succeed.
- Remote first culture: You’ll be equipped and empowered to work well from home. And for those who prefer the office, we have fantastic office spaces in 3 major hubs. We gather regularly on video calls, enjoy virtual socials, and send celebration gifts to wherever you are.
- Cutting Edge technology: Embracing remote working means we have to make the best use of latest tools & practices in every area of the business. We are ‘cloud-first’ in all our core systems, use all the main collaboration and conferencing platforms, and offer a choice of PC or Mac as well as supporting BYOD wherever possible.
- Competitive salaries: If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match; including private medical care, a generous holiday allowance, and company share options.
- Wellbeing: We know there’s more to life than just work and our dedicated Wellbeing Team are here to support you! We want to encourage you to stay active, connect with your mental health, and overall achieve a great work/life balance.
- Social: From tech meetups to roller-coasters, poker, board games, bake-offs, and music nights – there’s always plenty going on!
Everyone is welcome
We are looking for smart people with passion and integrity who want to join us in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome people from all backgrounds to expand our horizons and be at the forefront of transforming our customers’ lives.
Check out our Glassdoor page to see what our employees are really saying! https://bit.ly/3FxfkME